Well, I did it, decided I was going to take the time and create a blog and keep up with it. My New Years resolution :) I mainly wanted to do it so that I could share the most up to date (I hope) information/news with family and friends without having to make a dozen phone calls and send numerous emails!
Our holidays here in New Mexico were a lot of fun. Christmas was spent with my parents here in Alamogordo and we had a nice, relaxing, kick back kind of day. The boys went shooting in the afternoon and Mason shot a shot gun for the first time! Of course, I wasn't there to see it but Greg said he had fun. Was startled of course but who wouldn't be! Greg and Mason were able to take a week long trip to Utah to visit the other half of our family at the beginning of December. I was unable to go with them as I had just started a new job 2 weeks prior and wasn't able to take time off. They had great fun! I'm glad they were able to go but I'm glad they are home. Don't realize how important your family is until they are gone :)
As hard as we tried Mason and I just couldn't keep our eyes open long enough to see the ball drop and welcome in 2011. Greg was at work as he just switched to the night shift but we were able to spend time with him on New Years day.
With the new year it brings a lot of new changes for our little family. In October of 2010 we made the move from Las Cruces to Alamogordo as I was finally able to get a job. Greg had been traveling back and forth from LC to Alamo which is about an hour drive and gas sure wasn't cheap! In November I started my new job as a supervisor with ACS, a brand new call center that had opened up. It's been a great job and I really enjoy it. The good thing about it being brand new is it allows you to create your own style and put a little more personal touch in it and so it's been a lot of fun for me. I'm hoping I can get everything settled in and running smoothly before May because baby #2 is due May 27th! Greg and I were so excited to learn we were pregnant! Mason was not a happy camper at first but now has warmed up to the idea and tells everyone it's "his baby". He's going to be such a great big brother. While we were laying on the bed the other night he says, "Mommy, is the baby in your tummy?" I said "Yes it is." He proceeds by saying "Well get it out, it's taking to long!" Greg and I both started laughing of course. It's amazing how little kids can say the darndest things when they don't know any better :). So far this pregnancy has been completely different than my pregnancy with Mason. Maybe this is a hint it's a girl? We hope so! And no, we are not finding out the sex of the baby. Must wait until May! This among many others will be the updates I'll share with you in "The Bodily Times" :)
Mason has finally warmed up to his new preschool. It's been a process and it has not been easy on Greg, Mason or I but we are glad he's enjoying himself. He's learning so much already and we can tell the improvement in his speech as well as many other things. The teachers have been so great and patient and have worked with him in getting him to feel more comfortable. We sure do miss his old school in Las Cruces but are glad we were able to put him in a Pre-K class. He goes to Pre-K Mon-Thurs from 8am-12pm and then spends time playing with his friends until he is picked up. In just this short time he's become so smart and will be ready for Kindergarten in no time. Matter of fact, the other night he was playing with some flash cards with Grandma Vivian and he comes into the room I was in and says, "Mommy, this is a black octagon and this is a pink rhombus." I'll be honest, in my vocabulary an octagon is a stop sign and I couldn't remember what a rhombus was to save my life. It wasn't until he showed me the flash card that I remembered it was a diamond. Sure did make me feel dumb but I was proud of him and boy was he proud of himself! My little boy is getting so big so fast! Not sure if I like that :( Once I figure out how to work this blog stuff I will post pictures. We've got quite a few pictures from Christmas, including shooting with Daddy, and his pre-k pictures from school. I've received quite bit of heat from family and friends for not being better at sharing pictures so this blog will help that!
Greg as I said has just switched back to the night shift for the next two months. His schedule runs from 7pm-7am and with my schedule running from 7am to whenever I can leave, it's hard to spend time with each other. Since moving to Alamogordo my parents have been great in watching Mason at least once a week or every other week so that Greg and I can have date night, one of the many things we haven't been able to do in well, since we got married. It's been nice to be able to spend that one on one time with him again. He's a great guy and sometimes I forget how much he means to me :) He is still enjoying his job at the jail but every job has it's drama and boy does he get to see his fair share. Makes you wonder if half those people that are booked into jail are actually adults. Apparently they forgot to hop on the train from high school to adult hood! I'm glad he still enjoys his job even though I don't like the schedule but hey, he sure does look good in uniform! :) lol
As for me, I'm enjoying the new job and resting whenever I can. I have a GREAT team I work with so that make its even more enjoyable. The middle of the night leg cramps have started and so sleep is sometimes interrupted. This to shall pass of course and I'm sure it will go by faster than we want. We are so excited and lucky to be getting a niece or nephew in March and then our own in May. Double whammy! :) I'm really loving being back in Alamo even though it does have its pros and cons. The best part is Greg not having to make that awful drive, especially after working a 12 hour shift. I do love the extra family time we are getting and it's nice to be able to get from one side of town to the other in less than 10 minutes :)
I'm not sure what's up with the weather but it's been quite cold here in NM and if any of you know me, I'm NOT a fan of the cold. I figure if its going to be this cold it might as well snow. At least it would give us something pretty to look at, right? O well, come July/August it will be to hot and there really isn't a way to make heat look pretty unless you're on a cruise ship in the middle of the ocean lol. Never can be happy lol!
Well I figure I've rambled on enough for my first posting. I will do my best to do at least 2 posts a month and update you all on the happenings of the Bodily fam. If you have any suggestions or requests on what I should post, please let me know! Thanks for reading and we'll talk to you soon!
Hiya Crystal! I am following you now, if you could would you follow me too? :) Awesome to read your blog, I'm so excited for you guys!
ReplyDeleteGood start! Tell you what...I'll post twice a month if you will too! Deal?
ReplyDeleteFor sure Courtney! and Lisa, you've got a deal! :)
ReplyDelete